AKMLS Bringing Attorney for 3 Presentations this week.
What questions should I ask?
- What rule changes do you plan on making?
- What forms are you planning on changing?
- How soon do you plan on making the changes?
- What role will the broker members have in the changes?
- What changes should MLS members make immediately to reduce their risk?
- Do you have a budget for legal expenses?
- Do you plan on settling out of court or fighting the lawsuit, if brought before AKMLS?
- Have you put together a best practices resource for broker members to adopt?
- Are you planning on increasing the dues to cover additional expenses?
- Do you think our MLS is at risk and what are you doing to address that?
- Is the MLS organization liable for any of the losses its members encounter because of MLS policies?
- Have you retained any experts to help MLS?
MLS Meetings Scheduled
The Alaska MLS is bringing in an Attorney to discuss what AKMLS plans to do to respond to the issue. Other smaller REALTOR MLSs in Alaska have not announced their plans but should be looking for answers to these questions.
The meetings will happen over the next 2 days in Mat Su, Anchorage and Soldotna. Call the AKMLS for times and location confirmation.
Schedule Venues and Times will be finalized soon.
10:30 to 1:30
|Aspen Hotel, Soldotna|
09:00 to 12:00
|November 8th||Mat Su
1:30 to 4:30
|Menard Sports Center|
It is going to get worse!
Live CE classes are better than Correspondence, particularly for this Class Action issue, additionally we have added discussion and suggested strategies to reduce your risk to our DCE courses. It was exciting to see the networking, partnerships and strategic partnerships, team building recruiting and resource sharing that happened at our last live classes. You can't get those benefits sitting at home taking a correspondence class in isolation but we will be providing additional information on these issues in all of our relevant courses and Maui.
You should seriously consider signing up for our next live classes, Nov 11-12 or Nov 13-14, where we will give you tools to reduce your risk for the class action lawsuits that are likely heading our way. We will have workshops and role plays to refine your commission discussion to reduce your risk. You can't get that same level of protection and training in a correspondence class. But hurry to register, these classes have limited slots available and will sell out.
Only 4 days Left!
If you haven't heard, we have moved our 22nd Annual EDGE Maui Conference to the Ritz Carlton Resort on Maui, at a 80% reduction in Room rates you should check it out here:
Rooms are almost sold out and we have only 4 rooms left and they must be reserved in the next 4 days, to get the amazing 80% discount.
We will be doing extensive training on reducing your business risk at the conference, addressing the ongoing commission class action lawsuit.
It's not too late to join us. Sign up today before the amazing room rates are gone!
Jerry Royse, ITI
Jerry Royse, at the helm of Royse and Associates, stands out in real estate education with over 35 years of experience teaching across 46 states and 5 countries. A seasoned educator, Jerry has trained thousands in Sales Pre-Licensing and Continuing Education, also applying his expertise as an expert witness in over 30 legal cases and successfully closing over 1100 homes as a Buyer Broker. His extensive knowledge marks him as a preeminent expert in the field.