Continuing Education 2022-24
Your license must be renewed by January 31, 2024.
These classes are approved for Continuing Education for the 2022-24 cycle to renew your license.
We are excited to launch our new and improved CE program! We're offering you a great opportunity to take advantage of the new resources.
2022-24 CE 20 Hour Class: Correspondence
2022-24 Continuing Education 20 Hours
Fast start business planning program
The fast start business planning program is the foundation of a successful real estate career. This program has been taught by your instructor in 46 States and five countries as a required course to achieve the CRS designation. Over 10,000 CRS real estate professionals have taken this course by Jerry Royse who was the number one ranked instructor in delivering this program internationally. Those students shared their top producer secrets and many of those students upon participating in this class said they wished they had received the information at the beginning of their career because the training should have been mandatory to put them on the right track.
Now, you can not only take advantage of the program with the excellent resources to write an actionable business plan. You have the additional benefit of being able to revisit the class with videos, forms, and other documents to brush up your business plan and refine it. An optional Zoom class is available to answer specific questions.
Video explanations of key real estate documents used by licensees
Video explanations of key real estate documents used by licensees is a tremendous resource to understand how to explain and use these forms with your client. We created videos of important MLS forms used by real estate professionals including purchase and sale agreements and personal services agreements like buyer broker agreements and listing agreements. The video narratives of the MLS forms reveal practical insights from my 35 years as a broker, 1200 transactions and over 30 expert witness cases, guaranteed to help you reduce your risk and learn how to make more money without reinventing the wheel.
These current forms are being added to address changes as they occur, to ensure you understand the significance of any modifications. You will be informed when new revisions happen, so you stay current.
We have compared all the competition and this by far exceeds any other options that are out there. Additionally, it is done by an independent company designed to leave nothing uncovered so that you get the best-in-class experience that supports your success, not your competitors.
Jerry Royse makes learning fun!
About your instructor:
Your instructor has participated as an expert witness in over 35 real estate lawsuits and is hired as a consultant by many real estate brokers and leading licensees. The experience gained from his work learned from 35 years of leadership in real estate practice, including years on the Real Estate Commission and participation in drafting forms for decades, has given him insights to help you avoid problems and maximize the effectiveness of your real estate practice.
2022-24 CE Required Classes: Correspondence
- List Mandatory & Area Specific Property Disclosures
- Write 4 things Sellers Should Consider in Disclosing Property Condition During the Marketing Process.
- Evaluate the Timing that Best Benefits Consumers for Property Disclosures and Inspections.
- Describe New Construction Process & Inspections."
- Explain Basic Contract Requirements.
- Rewrite contract provisions to avoid disputes.
- Define a multiple offer policy that’s fair to all.
- List consequences and penalties for vague contracts that fail to close.
- Define Roles of Parties In Transactions
2 Hours Required CE: Ethical Situations (17301)
1 Hour Required CE: Prohibited Conduct (19091)
1 Hour Required CE: Advertising and Social Media (19092)
1 Hour Required CE: Licensee Relationships
2022-24 CE Elective Classes: Correspondence
- 15 handouts and tools that you can use, to increase your negotiation preparation and income.
- 3 different types of negotiation practices and why one of them is absolutely the best for your success.
- 5 important considerations that form the foundation of a win-win negotiation increasing your bottom line.
- 8 different types of power that are critical to understand in the negotiation process.
- 4 dirty tricks that can be used against you in a negotiation and how to overcome them.
- 8 negotiation closing techniques that will make you and your clients more money
- 5 levels in defining the hierarchy of persuasion to establish long-term and profitable client relationships.
What are the 3 documentation differences between a service animal and emotional support animal.
2 lead-based paint mistakes that can cost the licensee $11,000.
4 recent landlord tenant act changes it can affect you directly and can make you more money.
3 licensee property management mistakes that could cost the broker and licensee their license.
7 key provisions in residential and commercial leases to keep me out of disputes.
22 Association management considerations that identify profit centers.
10 emotional support animal letter provisions, you can enforce to avoid making a mistake.
- 4 steps to understand your customers needs so you can make the transaction better for both sides.
- 7 key questions to ask to determine the buyer’s financial ability.
- 10 smart considerations when showing the property to close the sale.
- 7 important considerations when pricing the property so you can make more sales.
- 3 charts that you can use with your seller presentation to identify the dangers of overpricing.
- 6 power pricing scripts you can use to increase sales
- 3 power pricing theories for faster sales
2 hours elective CE: Risk Management for Real Estate Investors AND 2 hours elective CE: Organizing and Managing a Real Estate Office as an LLC
Licensees are sued 5-7 times in their career. How do I protect myself, so I don’t lose everything?
What 4 types of documentation is critical to defend myself and my LLC. If I am sued?
What are the 2 riskiest business structures that could cost me a lot of money?
How do I avoid IRS audits when choosing my business structure?
4 key considerations in deciding whether an S Corp is right for me and what are the benefits to me?
5 dangers I should avoid to minimize my exposure when sued in a transaction when it wasn’t my fault.
3 considerations to avoid losing my house if I’m sued in a real estate transaction.
4 key considerations when considering a LLC or limited partnership, what’s the best choice for me?
Why sole proprietorships are the worst form of business entity for me, what’s the other one?
5 shortcomings of corporations.
7 key steps in setting up my limited liability entity correctly, so it really protects me.
What’s the best entity choice to minimize my taxes legally?
What 5 assets should I leave out of an LLC?
6 key considerations in setting up an LLC to comply with Alaska state law and reduce my risk.
- Students will list the 5 major mistakes sellers make that get themselves and you sued.
- Students will review the new disclosure form to identify 4 best practices to reduce their risk.
- It is critical to understand what the new form does and does not do. In 1 hour, you will learn how to avoid risk and do a better job for yourself and your clients.
- Real Property Disclosure Form-State of Alaska
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Webinar on Property Disclosures
- Detailed video on the specifics of how to fill out the Real Property Disclosure form. Great to show to your clients!
- Background information on the statute
- This course is great for all licensees, consumers, and sellers doing FSBO.
For more information click here.
4 Key Areas Students will learn:
- Students will list the key components to create enforceable contracts.
- Students will locate the major considerations in the home inspection process.
- Students will list conditions to address in earnest money disputes to reduce their risks.
- Students will identify competitive language to get more sales.
For more information click here.
One of the riskiest business practices in the United States is property management. You can work hard for decades’ and lose everything in one lawsuit.
This webinar gives an overview on risks and how to manage them so you can avoid losing everything in one lawsuit.
- What insurance doesn't cover
- Commingling and Piercing the Corporate Veil
- Inside vs Outside Lawsuits
- Slip and Fall Strategies
- Structuring Rental Properties for Asset Protection
Quality Education with a Difference
Hundreds of hours have been invested in providing content, bonus material, and delivery choices for continuing education. Information has been extracted from conferences, expert witness cases, professional newsletter subscriptions, and research done over the past two years to deliver important information for our students and advertisers.
We are now serving as consultants for multiple brokerages and have performed as an expert witness in advising over 35 real estate lawsuits. Additionally, time on the Real Estate Commission and leadership positions in many real estate organizations are incorporated into the insights that you will learn in your training. Managing a large brokerage and being involved in over 1200 transactions, I have also developed insights that will be useful for you.
As the number one -ranked instructor in the CRS Council, I also participated in leadership roles gaining additional insights. I have taught top producers in 46 states and five countries and their insights will also be brought to bear in the classes.
You will receive the benefit of hundreds of hours that have been invested refining and editing the programs that are delivered live, by Zoom where you can ask questions, and by on-demand correspondence classes that you can take any time for your convenience. All classes have bonus materials and videos to help you in your real estate career and improve your life. It is not just a one shot at learning because all the videos and resources are available on demand, so you can revisit the material anytime you need a refresher.
All classes are specifically designed for the Alaska marketplace delivered by a top producer with over 40 years of experience. You deserve the very best and we deliver it to you. Here are some of the things that you will learn next week in our Zoom program or in our correspondence or live classes. Our program also gives you access to all of the videos and materials on demand for your convenience anytime you wish for the next two years.